Hi, I'm Monique Partington!
Media Communications Professional
Looking for a media professional who can adapt to the many different aspects of media? You’ve discovered an excellent candidate.
With experience in television broadcasting, online writing and digital media, I would make a great fit in your company’s media team.
I can write. I know my way around Wordpress and Photoshop. I’m great with mobile videography and photography (iPhone is my tool of choice), and I can swiftly learn new applications and software and manipulate them in a way that is beneficial for your company.
To summarize: I’m an adaptable tech-savvy person who craves to get knee-deep in the creative planning process. And I put in the work to get the job done.
Sounds good to you? Continue reading to learn more about me.
Monique J. Partington
Creative, dynamic professional offering 15 years of experience in the television and media sector. Flexible and adaptable; demonstrate the ability to execute projects with minimal day-to-day supervision. Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Final Cut Pro, WordPress, Squarespace, and HTML.
Fox Sports Network, The Woodlands, TX
SENIOR ON-AIR OPERATIONS OPERATOR, LEVEL III - May 2007 – November 2016
• Delivered formal training, support, and mentoring to 80+ trainees over a 9-year period on critical departmental workflows to ensure all trainees achieve Level I accreditation.
• Led master control operators (levels I and II) to deliver a high-quality sporting events product.
• Constructed daily programming playlists ensuring that shows are aired at scheduled time.
• Served as assistant director during live sporting events; collaborated with producers and directors in a fast-paced control room to produce a quality and entertaining product on behalf of FOX Sports Regional Networks.
Position achievements include:
• Acquired a FOX X-Award Brick and Bonus, FOX’s highest company award, for researching, testing, and identifying the current solution for personnel scheduling.
• Received FOX Spotlight Bonus for developing transitional workflows which permitted Fox Network Center’s move from Houston to The Woodlands, TX on time and on budget.
• Earned a FOX X-Award for volunteering to work a continuous 18-hour shift during Hurricane Ike to maintain FOX Sports regional networks high-quality programming during the disaster.
• Recognized as a core team member in the company-wide FOX Friend formal mentorship program; served as a mentor to new employees.
LocalSugar.com, Houston, TX
CONTENT WRITER - February 2015 – December 2015
• A core member of the Houston team, responsible for producing high-quality blog content for The Woodlands / Heights area.
TabbedOut, Houston, TX
BRAND AMBASSADOR - September 2012 – March 2013
• Planned and hosted promotional events to increase awareness of the TabbedOut brand and ensured customers had a positive experience.
• Communicated with bartenders, bar managers, and customers on the use of TabbedOut and answered any questions about the mobile app
• Provided face-to-face end user support on the app
Examiner.com, Houston, TX
HOUSTON NIGHTLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY EXAMINER - July 2009 – May 2012
• Worked with promoters, club/bar owners, and managers to develop and execute online content to promote their establishments and premier events
• Wrote and delivered compelling articles for the Examiner.com online platform.
• Collaborated with promoters, club/bar owners, and managers to develop and execute online content to promote their establishments and premier events; acted as photographer for various bars, clubs, social venues, and events.
ESPN, Inc., Bristol, CT
SUMMER INTERN (MASTER CONTROL OPERATOR) - June 2005 – August 2005
• Interned in the Production Operations department as a Master Control Operator
• Participated on a student research panel for the launch of ESPNU network providing feedback on the network’s branding
Grambling State University - May 2006
• Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
• Attended on multiple academic scholarships including a 4-year scholarship awarded by the J.W. Marriott and the 10 Who Are 10 Foundation
90% CompleteCommunication 90%
80% CompleteLeadership 80%
85% CompleteConfidence 85%
95% CompleteFlexibility/Adaptability 95%
85% CompleteCreativity 85%
More Professional Skills
75% CompleteOrganization 75%
95% CompleteAbility to Learn Quickly 95%
85% CompleteCustomer/Client Service 85%
90% CompleteDetail Oriented 90%
85% CompleteTime Management 85%
Even More Professional Skills
90% CompletePlanning/Organizing 90%
85% CompleteProblem-Solving 85%
85% CompleteTeamwork 85%
95% CompleteIntegrity 95%
95% CompleteWork Ethic 95%
98% CompletePositive Attitude 98%
100% CompleteWillingness to Learn 100%
70% CompleteHTML/CSS 70%
90% CompleteBlogging 90%
95% CompleteMicrosoft Office 95%
90% CompleteAdobe Photoshop 90%
70% CompleteAdobe InDesign 70%
More Technical Skills
90% CompleteWordpress 90%
90% CompleteVideo Production 90%
85% CompletePhotography 85%
70% CompleteSEO 70%
Social Media Skills
95% CompleteFacebook 95%
90% CompleteInstagram 90%
80% CompleteSnapchat 80%
85% CompleteTwitter 85%
Whenever I can, I love to travel to a new city and discover a its culture. A few of my favorite places are:
New York City
I used to read a lot of physical books until I discovered audio books. My favorite books include:
#Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
What I Know for Sure by Oprah Winfrey
Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
I enjoy cooking and baking dishes I have had while traveling the world. My favorite chefs include Gordon Ramsay and Jose Andres. My specialty are cupcakes (ask me about my Espresso Martini Cupcakes). I can also make a pretty tasty Rose Water Cheesecake. Don’t knock it until you try it.